Monday, March 29, 2010

Food Time!

Hey guys!

Since I'm not much of a cook (i prefer to bake, roomies, prepare for lots of baked goods LOL) I've decided to start learning some of my favorite snacks and meals from my mom! I've really been craving our Deviled Eggs, so today we boiled some up and made some! WOO!

I'm going to share my family recipes with you guys, I'll probably post something different once a week :D So just look for the title called "Food Time!" the name of the food will probably be at the end!

So here is some pictures and directions on how to make our yummy deviled eggs!

THINGS YOU WILL NEED:


Mayo
Mustard
Garlic Powder
Lemon Juice or Lemon Pepper
Paprika
Pickle Relish
6-12 Boiled Eggs
Sea Salt
Pepper

TO MAKE THESE EGGS:

First cut your boiled eggs in half and remove the yolks into a separate bowl. Set the whites aside, we will get to those later.
After you have removed all the yolks mush them up with a fork until it is crumbly looking.
Then you will mix in 1-2 tablespoons of mayo, or until the consistency of the eggs and mayo is creamy.
Add ONE small drop of mustard for flavor.
Mix this up a bit, then add in 3 drops of Lemon Juice or a dash of Lemon Pepper (either works).
Add in half a teaspoon of Relish and stir!
Sprinkle a dash of Garlic Powder, Salt, and Pepper.
Now you're ready to mix it all together!
After mixing it all up grab a spoon and add the yolk mixture back into the egg halves.
Now for the final touch, sprinkle Paprika all over the eggs and WAAAALAAAA! DEVILED EGGS!

They should look something like this

If they do you have successfully made my familys deviled eggs :) ENJOY! :D


Towards christmas I will show ya'll how to make my Ginger Crinkle Cookies and other goodies through the year! Stay tuned for more!

Later Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment